Middle School Camp
July 27 – 29, 2013
MIDDLE SCHOOL…Early Exposure & Fundamentals Camp
Sign up early Limited to First 80 Players
The Camps turned away over 40 players last year don’t be left out this year!
An Early Exposure and Fundamentals Basketball Camp for Middle School Girls wishing to take their game to another LEVEL! The primary focus of this camp is to identify Girls who wish to improve their game in order to play at the College Level in their future. The camp is geared to focus on Players who are developing their SKILLS to compete at the very highest level for their team and to prepare them for the High School and College levels. The camp will focus on developing the players fundamentals through repetitive drills that will improve their game as well as to provide Early Exposure for College Coaches to follow their Progress into the Future!
For those of you that have the skill level, strength and ability to compete at a higher level and want to get to the next level then the Blue Chip Girls High Exposure Camp in July is a must for you. The Blue Chip High Exposure Camp July 27-29 is “Widely regarded as the # 1 Exposure Camp in America” for High School Players and is attended by many Top College Coaches looking for Players!
LAST YEAR’S SPECIAL GUEST from University of Louisville’s Outstanding Championship Team included the following players: Monique Reed; Tia Gibbs (Former Kentucky Miss Basketball); Keshia Hines; Gwen Rucker and Candayce Bingham; A’dia Mathies, U of K (Former Miss Basketball) these players also worked the camp answering questions for the players and assisting them in understanding the game. Tia Gibbs, Moniques Reed,A’dia Mathies and Gwen Rucker are also ALUMNI OF BLUE CHIP ALL-STARS CAMPS AND ALL-STAR TRAVELING TEAMS!!!!!!
Special Speaker for 2013 Camp: TO BE ANNOUNCED
COACHES FOR THE CAMP: Tim Curry, Head Coach, Union College; Bill Watson, Pikeville College; Lena Bramblett, St. Catherine College; James Burchell, Clay County H.S.; Jessica Lovell, Pikeville College; Terreka Walker, St. Catherine College; Kyle Herring, Cumberland College TN.; Kirstie Holloway, St. Louis University Alumni, Cindy Stuart, Pikeville H.S.; other College and High School coaches will also be working the camp.
Each day the Camp will focus on some of the following:
- Shooting – Technique (Square up-Balance-Release, Lay up protect Ball, Shoot off pick, use board, good % Shot, stay in range, shoot off move and more.
- Team Defense (1/2 & Full Court), off ball and help side, fighting over picks, help and recover anticipation, anticipation, taking charge, talk on defense, shell drills, trapping-correct angle to trap and more.
- Fastbreak (Full Court Transition)
- Individual Offensive Moves – Perimeter Players
- Low Post Moves – Front Line Players
- Individual Defense (Stance, Slide-Quick feet, Force outside, Cut off baseline, Zig-zag, defending player without ball, defending ball side out and more.
- Shooting (Off Pass, Off Dribble and Shot Fake)
- Ball Handling, Dribbling, Passing, Full Court, ½ Court, Maravich Drills and much more!
- Team Offense, Court Balance, playing without ball, reading the defense, controlling tempo, guard, forward pass, guard and post pass, triple threat position, setting up defense, using picks effectively, understanding role, setting picks ie. Technique, down pick, back pick, guard to guard and much more!
- Fast Break; receive outlet, get ball to middle of floor, push ball up floor, timing-with wings, making right pass, stay under control.
In addition to working on Individual Concepts, we will work on all aspects of Team Concepts. Each day we will also play some 3 on 3 games and also some 5 on 5 games with coaches on the floor to teach the Individual Concepts as well as the Team Concepts of Basketball. It is important that the players understand not only the Individual Concepts of the game but it is a must to Understand How to Play the Game.
We will have some of the Top Coaches in the Profession on hand the entire week training, teaching and directing the Student Athlete. Our camp program has been tried and proven over time to be the Best available for the player hoping to aspire to be the very best that they can be with the focus to become a Collegiate Player!
This CAMP is a premier camp for point guards and wing players. Players from across the nation attend. Last year we turned away over 40 PLAYERS. PLEASE REGISTER EARLY IN ORDER TO ASSURE YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO THE CAMP!
Registration/Sign-In: At MID-AMERICA SPORTS CENTER, Louisville, KY You will receive a letter of Confirmation after submitting your application below with important information concerning what to bring etc.
Housing: Aircondition HOLIDAY INN.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: For those of you flying into Louisville from out of state, we will pick you up at the airport and return you to the airport upon the end of camp. You should submit your airline schedule with the name of the Airline, Flight #, and time of arrival 2 weeks before arrival.
Registration: July 27 at 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM. MID-AMERICA SPORTS CENTER
Camp Close: July 29 at 4:30 PM.
CAMP FEE: $225…. INCLUDES ROOM AND FOOD!
July 27 – 29, 2013
Total Cost…. $225 …Call for Multiple Camp Discounts.
Credit Card Payments will include a $5 Credit Card Processing Fee.